New Children of the Corn film in development
Joel Soisson is writing and directing a new COTC film for Dimension Films. This one is called Children of the Corn: The Dweller. What we know so far is this β Tim and Allie are heading out of LA and into the very warm California desert to see Tim’s father. The car overheats and they are forced to stay overnight at the home of a questionable couple and their young child… β It’s not confirmed but Joel Soisson is known better as a director who does straight to DVD films so this one will most likely not be hitting theaters either and has no relation to the SyFy channels remake.
We do have a cast breakdown for any Children of the Corn fans out there though.
- Cast Breakdown: TIM – Handsome, mid 20s, a leading man with a hint of weakness. He is newly married with a baby on the way. He is a good guy and he means well. He is just not going to be able to win this fight.
- Cast Breakdown: ALLIE – mid 20s. Lovely, newly married and in the first trimester of her first pregnancy. She is not afraid of controversy, and a strong willed woman. She will fight for what is right when necessary. She is just not used to losing the fight…
- Cast Breakdown: HELEN – mid 20s β 30. A beautiful, Russian/Eastern-European woman with a serious bag of secrets. Helen is a very sexual character and there will be frontal nudity required to play this role.
- Cast Breakdown: PREACHER β late 50s. Creepy. He is a powerful man and filled with religious zealotry. Is he able to save this young couple before the evil envelops them, or is he the truly evil one?
- Cast Breakdown: LITTLE BOY β 3-6 yrs old. Caucasian. This boy needs to look SCARY to the audience, and the young actor should have the ability to wear makeup and a wig for long periods of time. He should have very pale skin and large eyes. He is odd, haunted, skinny, maligned, scary, stringy haired, not sure what but there is a certain haunted, quiet SOMETHING about him. This character speaks no lines, and this is a role that is considered a featured extra role.
- Cast Breakdown: PRITCHETT β A local tow truck driver. Folksy, with a quick charm, but with a surprisingly worldly intelligence. The ability to speak Russian would be a definite plus.
This movie does not seem to be any different from the other seven COTC films before it. You basically have your unknowing couple, corn, and at least one creepy child. Honestly, and this is just me speaking, these films have become so formulaic even as a franchise that if you have seen one then you’ve seen them all.