Writing essays can be a long and laborious task, but, unfortunately, it is a necessary element of college life. There is not one single student on this planet who is able to get through college without writing a range of different essays. With that in mind, focusing on how to write the specific types of academic essays and facing the challenge head-on will help you in your studies to a very large degree.
The first few attempts at writing an essay can certainly be challenging. You sit there, curser is flashing away on your screen and you have no clue what to write. You also have no clue how to layout the essay best, but the clock is ticking and counting down to your deadline date. It’s stressful, and it’s enough to make you wonder why you chose to study in the first place.
Thankfully, there are several resources you can use to refer to, including free essay samples. You can find a range of different free essay samples helping you to find inspiration and guidance. However, it’s important to realize that not all essay samples of the highest quality, especially if they’re offered for free. Let’s check out the pros and cons of using this type of resource.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Essay Examples Online
Overall, using free essay samples is a good option if you’re short on time and low on ideas, but it’s important to make them your own as much as possible. Let’s explore why.
- Free essay samples show you what your specific type of essay should include, giving you a good basis from which to work;
- The sample will show you the specific layout of your type of essay, e.g. persuasive, etc, and the format that you should follow;
- Finding essay samples on the same topic can help to give you ideas on the subject matter and prompt you to think in different ways;
- Essay samples may contain research that you hadn’t been able to find yourself, which you can use in your own essay;
- Free essay samples can certainly save you time if you’re rushed and about to miss an important deadline.
- Sometimes, when you find free essay samples online, they’re not of the highest quality, simply because they’re so widely available, and they’re free;
- If you want to expand your knowledge and actually master your subject, it’s best to use these samples as a guide and to do your own work instead;
- If someone else has used the essay previous (highly likely given the fact it is free and online), that may be considered as plagiarism by your college, which is taken very seriously. In that case, you would need to change the essay in order to make it original but keep the basic information.
Are Free Essays Worth the Risk?
Whilst there are some downsides to using free essay samples found online, that doesn’t make them the worst choice in the world. If you’re finding it hard to get started on your essay, these samples could give you a nudge to continue onwards. Often, the introduction section is the hardest part, and once that is out of the way, the rest of the content simply flows. By finding inspiration elsewhere, you may be able to work your way towards your own unique essay by taking points from this type of service.
Of course, there are downsides, and we’ve mentioned a few of those already. It’s always a good idea to change parts of the essay and wording, and not to simply submit a free sample that you found online. If you do this, you are almost certainly going to be in hot water due to plagiarism. Most colleges are on the lookout for this type of trick nowadays, and also know the specific sites which are regularly used.
The best advice is to use these free essay samples as inspiration, and if you need to make use of the specific research found within a sample, feel free to use it and reference it as necessary.
Why make essay writing harder than it already is?