Horror Realm, Pittsburgh’s modern horror convention, starts its seventh year at a new home and welcomes guests from the popular American Horror Story: Freak Show television series.
Convention moves to a Green Tree location in March with a freak show theme
This year’s “Spring Break Massacre” show will take place March 6 to 8 at the newly remodeled Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West – Green Tree hotel, located at 401 Holiday Drive (15220) in Foster Plaza. The new location is just two miles from downtown Pittsburgh, just off the Green Tree Exit of Interstate 376/Parkway West and features ample free parking.
Horror Realm provides convention goers with celebrity guests, a large dealer room with vendors selling horror themed merchandise and artwork, film program, Q&A panels, contests, entertainment and a party.
Guests include cast members from the fourth season of American Horror Story, making their first appearances in Pittsburgh:
- Naomi Grossman, who played “Pepper” in both the Asylum and Freak Show seasons of AHS. Ms. Grossman has also written, produced and starred in a number of comedic short films and was once a member of The Groundlings comedy troupe. Her comedy skills have been compared to Lucille Ball and Imogene Coca.
- Erika Ervin is a 6’ 8” transgender model, fitness trainer and actress known professionally as Amazon Eve, which was also the name of her character on AHS. She has also appeared in the Netflix original horror series Hemlock Grove set in a fictional town in Pennsylvania.
- Rose Siggins played the character “Legless Suzi”. A mother of two who was born with a rare disorder which causes abnormalities in the spine, she has found an unconventional way of getting around – travelling by skateboard.
Other guests include:
- Felissa Rose – “Angela” from Sleepaway Camp
- Tony Todd – Candyman, Night of the Living Dead 1990, Hatchet II, The Rock
- Derek Mears – Friday the 13th 2007, Dead Snow 2, Sleepy Hollow (TV)
- Tiffany Shepis – Tromeo & Juliet, Sharknado 2
- Sean Whalen – People Under the Stairs
- John Amplas – Martin, Day of the Dead
- Dan Kamin – Creepshow 2, choreographer on Chaplin and Benny & Joon
- Bob & Bobby Cranmer – authors of The Demon of Brownsville Road
- John Ventre – UFO researcher and author who has appeared on History Channel’s Hangar 1, Discovery Channel’s Close Encounters and PCTV’s UFOs over Pittsburgh
- Mord McGhee – author of Murder Red Ink
- Amy Lynn Best & Mike Watt of Happy Cloud Pictures
Guest and dealer room hours are Friday from 5 PM to 10 PM, Saturday from 10 AM to 7 PM and Sunday from 11 AM to 5 PM. Ticket prices are $35 for a weekend pass, $15 for Friday or Saturday single day and $10 for Sunday single day and may be purchased in advance at www.showclix.com/event/HorrorRealmConMarch2015.
Events will include the Horror Match Game hosted by Mr. Schlock, Horror Trivia Contest presented by Post Mortem Press, Zombie Squad Food Drive and a screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show featuring shadow casting by the Junior Chamber of Commerce Players. Saturday night’s party and costume contest will feature a freak show/carnival/circus theme. First prize for the costume contest will be $100. Schedules will be posted on Horror Realm’s web site at www.horrorrealmcon.com.
Horror Realm’s second show of the year will take place on August 14-16 at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West – Green Tree.
For more information and updates, please visit www.horrorrealmcon.com.