Skin Diamond is one of the most popular adult film performers in the world and she graces the cover of the penultimate issue of Filmrage (specifically Volume 2, Number 12). Filmrage bills itself as “The World’s Most Exclusive Exploitation Film Journal”, but don’t let your preconceived notions of a “film journal” fool you. This publication is not a magazine in the traditional sense of the word. Rather, it is an oversized hardcover book that is designed to lie down on a large table. Chock full of movie poster reproductions, lobby cards, and other black and white/color images of both sex and violence, it is a feast for the eyes. While most publications have writers who write about certain films and directors, this one has essays written by the actual makers of the films they are writing about.
Volume 2, Number 12 features:
– A look at Harry Bromley Davenport’s Xtro by Tim Dry who played the monster in the film.
– Jack the Zipper on his hardcore sex film Killers starring Skin Diamond
– Reviews of Maniac, Portland, Cutthroats Nine, Poltergeist, (a hilarious and succinct review of) Dario Argento’s Dracula 3D, Ilsa Meets Bruce Lee in the Devil’s Triangle, Internal Affairs (the film that inspired Martin Scorsese’s The Departed),
– Mark L. Lester on Class of 1984, Bobbi Joe and the Outlaw, Truck Stop Women, Steel Arena, The Funhouse, Firestarter, and Showdown in Little Tokyo
– Philippe Mora on his Howling sequels
– Maria Beatty
– Barbie Wilde on Queen of the B’s!
– Reviews of The Beauties and the Beasts, The Amityville Horror, Maniac (with Elijah Wood), and Meet the Feebles (which needs a Blu-ray special edition, by the way!)
– Joel M. Reed on Career Bed
– Reviews of Creepshow, Creepshow 2, Lovelace, Dog F***er
– Marc Blackie
– Salem Kapsaski on The Making of Spidarlings
– The Dark Waters of Cecil by Rick Castro
– Eradicate Productions
– Jack Hill on Ich – Ein Groupie
– Reviews on Rat Pfink a Boo Boo, The Mad Love Life of a Hot Vampire, Wild Guitar, Sunset Cove, Dario Argento’s The Phantom of the Opera, Black Devil Doll, Near Dark, A Serbian Film, Singapore Sling, Aphrodite, and Loops – Real People / True Stories / Hard Core
The hardcover book retails for $150.00.
There is also a PDF equivalent that can be downloaded for $10.00
Click here to purchase.