Want to get published in the worst way? Well Fangoria along with Cemetery Dance Magazine want to publish you! They are currently running their first, but not last, “Weird Words” contest and they are looking for terrible tales written by some fresh blood. Bring them fear, the dark, and all the horror of your best story and you could win big.
Official rules and additional details are posted below:
Calling all aspiring horror fiction writers! FANGORIA is running its first ever—but certainly not last—“Weird Words” contest, an international search for the finest in unpublished horror fiction. We’re casting a wide, bloody net for any gruesome, disturbing, cerebral, visceral and generally thrilling work of short horror fiction, the best of which will be serialized on-line at this site throughout 2011.
Then, we’ll put it to Fangoria.com readers to vote on the stories. The one tale that rates highest will have the chance to be published in an upcoming Fango/Cemetery Dance collection of short horror fiction.
1. Story must be horror or dark fantasy-oriented.
2. Story must be a minimum of 1,000, maximum 3,000 words.
3. Story must be previously unpublished.
4. Story must be an original work.
5. Story must be submitted digitally in Word or .pdf file format.
6. Story remains the property of the author, with Fangoria.com reserving the rights to run on-line only.
So get cracking, you terrifying Tolstoys, you horrible Hemingways, you dastardly Dickenses, and send us some of your stuff. We can’t wait to read it!