CAV and Grindhouse Releasing’s January 2021
Release of THE SWIMMER Deluxe Edition – With Bonus CD soundtrack album by Marvin Hamlisch!
The Swimmer – Deluxe Edition
1 Blu-ray disc + 1 DVD disc + 1 CD disc
Label: Grindhouse Releasing
Preorder: 1/12/21 Release: 1/26/21
Catalog #: BOS018
MPAA Rating: PG
Color, 95 minutes in English with French and Spanish subtitles
DTS-HD MA 2.0 Mono
Production year: 1968 in USA
Director: Frank Perry
Cast: Burt Lancaster, Janet Landgard, Janice Rule, Joan Rivers
Grindhouse Releasing is proud to present the ultimate late-60s studio-produced cult film, THE SWIMMER. In his finest performance, Burt Lancaster stars as Ned Merrill, a man who confronts his destiny by swimming home, pool by pool, through the suburban nightmare of upper-class East Coast society. Based on the acclaimed short story by John Cheever, and directed by Frank Perry (DIARY OF A MAD HOUSEWIFE, MOMMIE DEAREST), THE SWIMMER is a film like no other, a feature-length TWILIGHT ZONE episode by way of THE NEW YORKER.
- 3 DISC SET – Deluxe dual-layer Blu-ray Edition + DVD + CD combo.
- BONUS CD – original soundtrack album by Marvin Hamlisch, newly remastered in stunning 24 bit/192khz sound from the original master tapes.
- Spectacular new digital restoration created from 4K scans for optimal picture quality.
- The Story of THE SWIMMER – brand new, five-part, 2-1/2 hour documentary by Oscar-winner Chris Innis featuring in-depth interviews with stars Janet Landgard, Joan Rivers and Marge Champion, composer Marvin Hamlisch, film editor Sidney Katz, assistant directors Michael Hertzberg and Ted Zachary, UCLA Olympic swim coach Bob Horn, and Joanna Lancaster.
- The original NEW YORKER short story read by author John Cheever.
- 12-page booklet with liner notes by legendary director Stuart Gordon (RE-ANIMATOR).
- Rare production stills from the lost alternate scenes.
- Extensive still galleries, trailers, and TV spots.