Hauntworld Announces Top 13 Most Haunted Attractions in Response to Consumer Demand for More Thrilling Experiences
Halloween To Generate Over $11 Billion – Industry Experiencing Significant Growth
Hauntworld , the world’s largest Halloween resource and online directory of haunted houses and activities, released today its annual Top 13 list of haunted attractions in the U.S. Consumers will spend over $11 billion celebrating Halloween in 2014, and with consumer demand for thrill-seeking on the rise, the Top 13 attractions are incorporating more interactive elements in order to accommodate the increased interest.
“This is one of the few holidays where the industry has to outdo itself year after year – people expect something new, different, and even scarier every single Halloween. They want live, in-your-face action combined with high tech, lifelike scares,” said Larry Kirchner, owner of www.HauntWorld.com. “The houses on the Top 13 make the list because they’re able to respond to that consumer demand – they have gone above and beyond to create the most exciting, terrifying and realistic haunts. Guests who visit these attractions are more involved in both scaring and being scared, allowing them to experience Halloween in a different way than they have before.”
This year’s top attractions are providing a more lifelike, intense, adrenaline-filled Halloween experience with additional live interactions. New elements from the Top 13 include:
- A behind the scenes tour, as well as the opportunity to “become a zombie.” Guests will dress up in professional costumes and make-up and scare the other patrons.
- A real demonstration of how to bleed a pig from an authentic butcher.
- 3D elements, such as a trip through Inferno and a 3D clown experience.
Top 13 Haunts: 2014
1) Pennhurst Asylum, Spring City, PA www.pennhurstasylum.com
2) 13th Gate, Baton Rouge, LA www.13thgate.com
3) Netherworld, Atlanta, GA www.FearWorld.com
4) House of Torment, Austin, TX www.thehouseoftorment.com
5) The Darkness, St. Louis, MO www.scarefest.com
6) Erebus, Pontiac, MI www.hauntedpontiac.com
7) Dent Schoolhouse, Cincinnati, OH www.frightsite.com
8) Kersey Valley Spookywoods, Greensboro, NC www.spookywoods.com
9) Headless Horseman, Ulster Park, NY www.headlesshorseman.com
10) Cutting Edge Haunted House, Fort Worth, TX www.cuttingedgehauntedhouse.com
11) Bates Motel, Philadelphia, PA www.thebatesmotel.com
12) Bennett’s Curse, Baltimore, MD www.bennettscurse.com
13) 13th Floor, Chicago, IL www.13thfloorchicago.com
HauntWorld, which was the industry’s first to produce a Top 10, Top 13 and Top 31 haunted house list, releases this highly anticipated list of the Top 13 most haunted attractions each year, which are selected due to their ability to respond to consumer demand with innovative sets, use of professional-grade make-up and costumes, and Hollywood level technology. This year the site also includes a directory of ghost tours, haunted cemeteries, penitentiaries and asylums so Halloween enthusiasts can find a real haunted location in every state.
For more information on this year’s Top 13 please visit: www.hauntworld.com/featured_article/top_13_haunted_houses_best_and_scariest_halloween_haunted_attractions_2014_rated_top_10.
HauntWorld (www.hauntworld.com) is the Halloween industry’s leading resource and connects over 10 million people each year with haunted attractions and Halloween activities in their local areas. The site provides insider access into the world of haunted houses and attractions as well as Halloween news, information and tips. Readers can find information regarding the top haunts around the country and internationally, Halloween vendors, manufacturers, events, tips and forums.
HauntWorld.com was the first website and publication to produce a Top 10, Top 13 or Top 31 haunted house list to help America find the country’s best Halloween attractions. Find more at: www.hauntworld.com/haunted_houses.cfm.