Robo-Trump Wreaks Havoc on The Border in this clip from “MAMÓN” via the anthology
“Asylum: Twisted Horror and Fantasy Tales”
Red Hound Films is happy to share this clip from Ale Damiani’s short “MAMÓN,” from the Horror / Sci-fi / Dark Comedy anthology “Asylum: Twisted Horror and Fantasy Tales,” available TODAY on VOD!
Nine twisted tales unfold as Brandon (Raymond E. Lee) prepares to give his last stand-up comedy show. That evening, as his stories and jokes pass, he realizes that these tales have a strong relationship with his past…much more than he imagined. Here is the “Asylum: Twisted Horror and Fantasy Tales” TRAILER.
The nine individual segments vary dramatically in format and style and were directed by a collection of genre producers, practical & VFX gurus and up and coming filmmakers from around the world. They include:
– the wraparound story of Brandon’s final performance in Asylum directed by Carlos Goitia and written by horror novelists Guillermo Lockhart & Mauro Croche
– a fake exorcism reality show gone wrong in Damien LeVeck’s The Cleansing Hour (recently expanded into recent Shudder original)
– a sophisticated stalker/slasher in Kheireddine El-Helou’s Drudge
– Mat Johns’ sweet zombie tale A Father’s Day
– a Spanish wife and mother who insist on holding their husband/son’s funeral despite him not being able to stay dead in Albert Pinto & Caye Casas’ RIP
– a giant, immigrant-killing robot Trump in Ale Damiani’s MAMÓN
– Walgenwitz & Winshluss’s beautiful stop-motion look at Death bonding with his rebellious son in The Death, Dad, and Son
– Andrew Desmond’s gripping and visually compelling sci-fi cosmic castaway conundrum Entity
– a man with a very extreme custom shower in Adam O´Brien’s Bloodbath
– and a finale that does not disappoint in Hendryk Witscherkowsky’s The Last Show.
“Asylum: Twisted Horror and Fantasy Tales” was produced by Nicolas Onetti and Michael Kraetzer for their production company Black Mandala (A NIGHT OF HORROR: NIGHTMARE RADIO), with Onetti serving as overall Creative Director. It stars Raymond Lee (THE LAST MAN), Sam Jaeger (AMERICAN SNIPER), Itziar Castro ([REC] 3: GENESIS), Bruno Giacobbe (ATERRADOS), Clara Kovacic (BAIRES), and Cristian Majolo (COMANDOS INDESTRUCTIBLES).
ASYLUM: TWISTED HORROR AND FANTASY TALES
Horror / Sci-Fi / Dark Comedy
2020| Not Rated | New Zealand | English
Runtime: 117 minutes
Release Date: Available on VOD November 17, 2020
Distributor: Red Hound Films
Production Company: Black Mandala Films
Produced by: Nicolas Onetti and Michael Kraetzer –
Starring: Raymond Lee, Sam Jaeger, Itziar Castro, Bruno Giacobbe, Clara Kovacic, Cristian Majolo
Directed by: Nicolas Onetti (Creative Director)
- “Asylum” (wraparound story) – Carlos Goitia
- “The Cleansing Hour” – Damien LeVeck
- “Drudge” – Kheireddine El-Helou
- “A Father’s Day” – Mat Johns
- “RIP” – Albert Pinto & Caye Casas
- “M.A.M.O.N.” – Alejandro Damiani
- “The Death, Dad, and Son” – Walgenwitz & Winshluss
- “Entity” – Andrew Desmond
- “Bloodbath” – Adam O´Brien
- “The Last Show” – Hendryk Witscherkowsky
Brandon prepares to give his last stand-up comedy show. That evening as his stories and jokes pass, he realizes that these stories have a strong relationship with his past…much more than he imagined.