The Science of Monsters explores the truth behind horror movie’s most iconic frights. Authors Kelly Florence and Meg Hafdahl interviewed experts for their book and discovered that sometimes truth is scarier than fiction. Topics include the real life creatures that have inspired villains in horror movies and medical conditions that some films are based on.
In The Science of Monsters, Meg and Kelly discover the real science behind our greatest fears. In interviews with experts at the top of their field, they seek answers to questions like:
● How would a zombie really decompose in Night of the Living Dead?
● Are there instances of shape shifting in nature like in The Wolfman?
● What is the science behind the night terrors that inspired the creation of Freddy Krueger?
● Is there scientific data supporting ghost detection like the tools used in Poltergeist?
● What is the psychological drive that compels cannibals like Hannibal Lecter?
● And so much more!
An approachable and frightfully fun examination of what goes bump in the night, The Science of Monsters will thrill every horror fan.
For additional information, visit Horror Rewind’s website at www.horrorrewind.com.
TITLE: The Science of Monsters
AUTHORS: Meg Hafdahl & Kelly Florence
PUBLISHER: Skyhorse Publishing
DATE OF PUBLICATION: October 15, 2019
RETAIL PRICE: $14.99 US