For those of you who cannot wait until October for Halloween to begin, the ScareLA convention returns to the City of Angels on August 9 & 10, 2014. It’s amazing how lucrative and popular this beloved holiday, which has many detractors of course, has become in recent years. From the press release:
ScareLA returns on August 9 & 10, 2014 as the first Los Angeles convention dedicated to celebrating Halloween. Situated in the entertainment capital of the world it will combine the city’s top talent and unique cultural setting with a twist! Drawing fans and haunt entertainment professionals, the event will feature top attraction designers and operators, manufacturers, artists, filmmakers and more. The weekend-long Halloween season teaser will celebrate California’s hottest scary faire with attraction unveils, workshops and classes, top industry panels, haunt experiences, screenings and activities. Share, inspire, play – ScareLA.
Among the functions attendees can expect:
- Curated collection of exhibitors showcasing scary goods, services & job opportunities
- Expert and celebrity panels on the haunt business, horror entertainment and more
- Presentations of top and upcoming local haunts with sneak peeks and unveils
- Performances by local horror themed theatre companies and musicians
- Professional demos of makeup, set building, costume creation, animatronics and more
- Hands-on workshops taught by top haunt industry professionals for all skill levels and ages
- Onsite interactive experiences
- Screening room showing premiere attraction walk-throughs and local horror filmmakers
- Games, roaming monsters and more!
For more information, visit scarela.com/.