The Haunted MPK Night Market: Street Food, Zombie Walk, Pumpkin Patch, Craft Beers & More
October 17, 2014 at Barnes Park
October 1, 2014
MONTEREY PARK, CA – Monterey Park’s monthly night market is returning to Barnes Park on Friday, October 17th as the Haunted MPK Night Market. In addition to popular food trucks, merchandise booths, carnival games, and visual art exhibits, the Haunted MPK Night Market will feature Halloween activities for guests of all ages to enjoy.
1) The Monterey Park Zombie Walk
Guests are encouraged to dress as zombies and participate in the first Monterey Park Zombie Walk! Zombies will be given a list of tasks & riddles that will send them scouring the night market for “food.”
How to participate:
- Arrive at the MPK Night Market in your Zombie costume & makeup.
- Meet at the Amphitheatre at 7:30pm for rules and objectives.
- No cost to participate; everyone is welcome and encouraged to join.
- The first 25 zombies to complete the walk will receive a complimentary meal from a participating food booth or truck, and zombies of drinking age will also receive a free drink ticket for the beer & wine garden.
2) Pumpkin Patch, Photo Booth & Costume Contest
Pumpkins will be available at the pumpkin patch for photos and purchase. The pumpkin patch will also feature a photo booth, and small prints will be available for purchase.
Pumpkin Patch Costume Contest
- Participants in costumes will snap a photo at the pumpkin patch photobooth (no purchase necessary).
- The photos will be uploaded to the MPK Night Market Facebook Page in the Halloween Costume Contest album after the event.
- The photo with the most LIKES by Halloween October 31, will win a $50 Superco gift card and an express pass to skip all lines at the November 21stHoliday MPK Night Market.
The MPK Beer & Wine Garden will feature both German & local craft beers as well as games and activities for a mini-Oktoberfest celebration. Beers will be sold for just $3 during happy hour—5:30-6:30pm—and for $5 afterwards.
Participating merchandise and community booths will pass out candy and goodies to trick-or-treaters wearing Halloween costumes.