Crypt TV, the digital genre network that aims to be ‘Marvel for Monsters,’ is renewing its hit monster series The Look-See for a four episode 2nd season with weekly episodes returning starting July 24th. To coincide with season 2 of The Look-See Crypt has also surpassed 1 million subscribers on its YouTube page within 10 months.
In addition to the bullet points, there is a quote from CEO, Jack Davis as well as the recent news of Crypt having announced its second Series A Raise in March:
- Crypt TV is renewing its hit monster series THE LOOK-SEE for a four episode 2nd season with weekly episodes returning starting July 24th. 26 year old Landon Stahmer, who directed all five episodes of season 1, is returning to helm all four episodes of season 2.
- The 1st season of The Look-See recorded over 30,000,000 views combined between Facebook, YouTube and Crypt’s website and the nearly 20 minute long, chronological supercut of season 1 on Crypt’s YouTube has over 2.3 million views. Season 2 will be dialogue free like the first Look-See season, which spawned several fan reaction videosand long YouTube mythology deep dive videos that combined to have millions of views themselves.
- One of those YouTubers, James Janisse aka DeadMeatwill be joining the cast of season 2. Season 2 will be a period piece that peels back the mythology of The Look-See.
- Crypt will continue to produce and release ancillary content for season 2 of The Look-See like their show Mayhem, Murder & Monsters, a Look-See AR filter& Look-See txt message stories that contain Easter eggs and clue about the characters origins. Crypt released all season 1 content on its The Look-See Facebook Show Page which has over 250,000 followers. All season 2 content will be released simultaneously on Crypt TV’s website, YouTube & Facebook Show Page.
- Recently Crypt TV’s YouTube recently passed 1 million subscribers and 100,000,000 video views, only 10 months after it began posting to the platform in August 2017. Crypt launched primarily via Facebook but has recently seen a tremendous growth on YouTube, especially for viewership of The Look-See.
- In March Crypt announced its second raise, a Series A for the amount of $6.2M. The funding puts Crypt TV over $10M in investment funding since opening their doors in April 2015. The Series A funding comprised of previous investors Blumhouse Productions, Lerer Hippeau, NBCUniversal & Advancit Capital.
“The Look-See is one of the very best monsters in Crypt TV’s monster universe. The reason we are renewing Look-See for a 2nd season is simple: the incredible outpouring of fan excitement. It’s amazing to see our community present their theories on the origins of this monster and we are so excited to welcome James to the cast. I’m eager to see how fans devour the clues and storyline of Look-See season 2 and I can promise them there will be a big announcement when we release the season finale.”
About Crypt TV
Crypt TV is the digital genre network focusing on creating the next ‘Marvel for Monsters.’ Crypt’s monster universe includes Webby award winning short The Birch, Sunny Family Cult who’s merchandise can be found at Spencer’s retail stores nationwide, and Giggles the Clown, who has her own channels with over 375,000 fans and whose Augmented Reality Filter was used by 1million+ fans and featured on The Today Show. Launched in 2015, Crypt TV was co-founded by CEO Jack Davis and filmmaker Eli Roth with Blumhouse Productions as an investor and key strategic partner. Crypt has over 7.5 million direct social followers. Crypt makes engaging original scary video content directly for the top Hollywood studios, including for Universal, Fox, Warner Brothers and long form productions with Verizon Media’s go90 and more.